1. Gales of November: The Sinking of the Edmund Fitzgerald, Robert J. Hemming (1997). The Fitzgerald sinking was a reminder of how deadly shipping could be on the Great Lakes. Christmas gift.
2. A Pictorial History of the Great Lakes by Harlan Hatcher (1963). Large picture book showing history and modern life on the Great Lakes. Borrowed from my father.
3. Land of the Inland Seas, by William Ellis (1994). Beautiful color pictures. Christmas gift.
Dwight Boyer wrote a series of books on the great lakes. His books tell a stories of shipwrecks, storms, and mysteries. Most of these acquired during my "shipwreck" phase in junior high.
4. Great Stories of the Great Lakes, Dwight Boyer (1966).
5. Ghost Ships of the Great Lakes, Dwight Boyer (1968).
6. True Tales of the Great Lakes (1971).
7. Strange Adventure Adventures of the Great Lakes (1974).