Monday, February 11, 2019

Words Useful Foul and Savory




















Masters of the Universe

Coffee shop idlers
everyone at the center
of their MacBook universe.

Supreme Coffee Brain
 

After the large latte
and venti dark roast
there were fifteen minutes
where I was at the mountaintop
master of all knowledge
or at least a Sunday New York Times 

Then, slowly
my foot slipped from the summit
and I spiraled down the caffeine chasm 
crushed in an avalanche
of my pedestrian ignorance
 

Sound Memory

The sound that comes
from one small town is the place
where I was young.
 

Outspeak the Dark Music

Frantic man yelling
in the distance
to fugitive listeners


Leaf and star
burn at night

The destiny of diamonds
is dust


Bonehouse is the body
said Beowolf

Words I Like

relic
atmosphere
murmuration

You're No Haiku

Shark fin
old gin
make you grin

Minor Word Distortions
 

Company Panic
Steel Plates in Head
Home Despot
Artist Rectal
 

Band Names + Songs

Stage Presence - Last Noise
Milton’s Angels - Robbed of My Heart
Death Trick - Idiot of Man
Bad Samaritans - Red Changes Everything

Memory Tricks

If life is so precious
we shouldn’t forget any of it,
or come equipped with better memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment