Wednesday, April 28, 2021

FRAGMENTS FOR SALE

 
 
Do you need a good, clean, unused fragments to complete a poem or maybe
as a spare part in case you run into unexpected writing trouble?  Our 
inventory has grown and we need to make room for next year's models so 
we're holding a clearance sale. We've got fragments for every budget--from
a single sentence to a full stanzas, some complete with metaphors. No 
reasonable offer refused. Trade-ins considered. Test drive for thirty days 
and if not completely satisfied return for a full refund. Check out these models:

 

***


You keep whispering to me 

but you don't say why.

`

***


I got paid in diamonds and dynamite.


***


Out in the void

secure in his ship 

sails an off-course astronaut

...when will he know?


***


After the last leaves fall

unfed ghosts hang

one or two from a tree

waiting for what the wind brings them.


***


She was not measured on the ordinary scale of gods.


***


I would like to catwalk among the parapets wearing 

a cravat and epaulets 

not because I look good doing this 

but because of how it sounds.


***


The public relations firm I hired keeps sending me memos 

instructing me to "act more like myself."  

I keep trying but make too many mistakes... 

***


Her neighbors unaware 

the girl who walked out her front door

cascaded into happiness.  

 

*** 

No comments:

Post a Comment