Thursday, April 10, 2014


















Odyssey at Roslyn Metro Station


De-training on the upper platform
commuters sprint
from the downward escalator

Their broken formations
rush toward the closing doors of the Orange Line
with the same desperation
as Greeks storming the walls of ancient Troy

My escalator’s steady ascent
toward the light
converges with three beautiful women
who descend opposite
like the daughters of Demeter assigned to the Underworld.

I could be as Orpheus and rescue them
but they don't seem to need rescuing
and for that matter
I'm not much with a lyre

Instead, today is the day
when I break the surface
enter into the light
and know my good fortune is enough
to buy that winning lottery ticket.

041014

__________________________________________________



 

















Ask the Help Desk


My processor needs a core capacity
set to imaginations of Beethoven and Botticelli.

Reformat the Operating System
to run on the collective soul of humanity.

I’ll need a search engine
that provides results from all parallel universes.

Expanded memory capacity for
all space and time.

Connect the router
to the mind of God.

A webcam that records all dreams
with external back-up for everything.


For more poems go to Verse-Virtual at http://www.verse-virtual.com/writers.html

No comments:

Post a Comment