Sunday, November 28, 2021

Guaranteed Thoughts


 
 
Storm Spiders
 
At night
after the storm 
broken branches
litter the road 
like giant tarantulas.
 

My Grandfather's Gun

I have my grandfather's gun, a .32 caliber Smith & Wesson revolver. I don't know if he ever fired it. I also have my other grandfather's gold deputy sheriff's badge for Kent County, Michigan. Both enlisted in the Army in WWI. By WWII, they were in their 40s. As the younger men went off to war, both served as volunteer Deputy Sheriffs. Both had John in their name. Named after their fathers. 

 

Reading About Jack Kerouac

All the life put into him: the books, the trips, the loves, the seasons. And then one moment. like everyone else, it's gone.

 
Expiration Date
 
Time arrives in crates
from a far off distributor
unloaded in the back room
and sold retail.

 

The Optimist Creed

The green light is always waiting for you at the busy intersection.


No comments:

Post a Comment